Filled with activities that build on mathematical concepts, skills and strategies for learning, these books encourage the collaborative learning of Mathematics in groups and provide a variety of hands-on activities and games to consolidate the concepts learnt.
- Let’s Explore! investigative activities for pupils to discuss alternative solutions to open-ended questions.
- Play this game! and Carry out this activity to reinforce skills, concepts and problem-solving strategies through co-operative learning.
- Maths Journal to offers opportunities for self-reflection.
- Put On Your Thinking Caps! to nurture critical-thinking skills and challenge pupils to solve non-routine and higher-order thinking questions.
- Suggestions for meaningful parental involvement in activities outside the classroom are also available via Home Math.
This is a Singapore text for Primary level 5 - it is recommended for Australian students working at a higher than average level in Years 5 and 6.